Monday 19 December 2011

Everything wrong with music concerts

Being quite the avid music fan, a very passionate listener of the indie genre, I am often presented with the opportunity to go see a band in the live format. Nothing compares to seeing a band you have listened to for many years, then to see them perform when they are in their element. However, the concert scene is really starting to drain on me.


I originally planned this post after watching The Vaccines at Sheffield o2 academy but decided to delay it until I saw Kasabian at Sheffield Motorpoint Arena. Kasabian weren't as bad as The Vaccines, in terms of idiots, but I still have sufficient points to provide you with a length post, that happened at both concerts.


I wasn't in a good mood during The Vaccines concert, due to having my phone pick pocketed. It ruined the rest of the evening. The number of people looking for phones on the floor at the end, was substantial evidence to show that there were pick pocketers at work. It wasn't just me who had their phone stolen, but it's still pretty annoying that some idiots are more bothered about making money and ruining other peoples nights. This then meant that I had no way in getting touch with anybody, so just had to trudge home in a miserable and foul mood.


Then there's the toilet avoiders. Those who decide to p*ss in a cup and throw it, because didn't you know? That is hilarious. I hope my sarcasm transcribed then. We were a few songs into Kasabian and one of my friends got hit on the back with a cup of liquid. The rule: If it's warm, it's p*ss. If it's cold, it's beer. It was warm. We all had a little chuckle to ourselves, and in true comedic timing, I got a cup to the back of the head. It was warm. I didn't let it ruin my night, I got on with it. Yet, it's still pretty annoying and i'd love to have enjoyed the rest of the concert without reeking of urine. We then jokingly said that we should sh*t in my hat and throw it. It's the same principle at the end of the day, but we decided better of it.

Then there are the people, who try in vain to get a good photo of the main protagonist on stage. I don't mind people taking photos of the set before the band have started. But, trying to jump up and down and take a photo is never going to work. Plus, I end up being the person stuck behind them, having to watch some of the concert through a cameras interpretation. The funniest example that I have yet to find is the picture at the side where somebody actually took their iPad to a concert.


Then finally, this one is less occurring, in contrast to my previous points. However, at Kasabian, I was stood next to this man who was unbelievably sweaty. The amount of sweat was inconceivable considering that he only had a t-shirt on, and it wasn't that warm. I actually started to wonder if he had a medical condition, and it wouldn't have surprised me if their was a puddle at his feet. Anyway, my annoyance was that during the encore where Kasabian played, Vlad The Impaler and Fire, Sergio Pizzorno kindly said 'I wanna see every f*cker jumping!'. So everybody did, and i'll openly admit that it was one of the most awesome things that has ever happened in my life. However. I was still stood next to this massive sweat ball. He resembled a wet dog, trying to dry their fur, as he jumped around madly everywhere. 


The above points will not deter me from attending music concerts. I will be attending Snow Patrol in February and Noah and the Whale in March and i'm sure i'll enjoy them just as much as other concerts. But theres still the little idiots that attend who deserve to sit on a pine-cone.


PS. Have a Merry Christmas Moaners!


My next moan: Boxing day bargains

No comments:

Post a Comment