Monday 2 January 2012

All work and no play, makes Christmas a dull time

This will surely be, my last moan about Christmas. I don't think I can actually get away with moaning anymore about it. That of course, until next year, and my blog will be shot into international stardom and I will be feeding blog posts to the millions. One can dream.


Onto the moaning. I have two friends, (staggering i know, considering how much moaning I do) who have jobs as waiters, at a pub and a restaurant. Both of these friends, had to do shifts on Christmas Day, which I find wrong. Christmas is a time where the family should be sat down sharing a mammoth bundle of turkey and sprouts. Instead, some waiters and waitresses are encouraged to work on Christmas Day. 


In my opinion, everywhere should be shut on Christmas Day. With the obvious exception of Hospitals and other emergency services buildings. The people who go out for a meal on Christmas Day, are downright inconsiderate and lazy. First off, you pay extortionate prices for the meal as you're making people work on a day they should be spending with their family. Secondly, surely you would prefer to spend Christmas in your own home, rather than having to get into the car and drive to the pub to have your dinner. Yes, it's nice to not have to worry about the cooking, but I'd be incredibly disappointed if I had to work on Christmas.


Ultimately I know that it's not the people who choose to book their meals, it's the restaurant owners themselves. They see the day as an opportunity to charge extortionate prices, and get away with it. 


In reality, I know that this moaning will not have any effect on how any pubs operate. This was a vent to get off my chest, how sorry I feel for those who are forced to work Christmas Day, when their work is not needed. If people were a little less selfish, everyone could spend Christmas with their friends and families.


My next moan: Piercing your future

1 comment:

  1. My partners mum worked Christmas day and the celebrations had to wait until she got back, it was pretty annoying, therefore I agree with the majority of your rant haha :)

    x

    ReplyDelete