Monday 13 February 2012

British weather

I don't think that I could get away with running a blog designed around moaning, without complaining about the unpredictability of the english weather. This post is in light of my birthday, which I'm sure you all celebrated last week. Yet, as you clamber to ask me how my birthday I was, i'll tell you now, the weather ruined it. The unpredictability of the weather, meant that it snowed on the one night that I planned to go out. Thus meaning, of the 20 or so people that planned to go out, only four of us made it.


Due to the thin layer of snow that was thrown down in under an hour, this meant that friends travel plans descended into chaos. Busses were cancelled, as well as trains refusing to venture on their journeys and taxis very reluctant to drive in the snow. Meaning only those who lived within walking distance, were able to make it into town. I still managed to have a pretty awesome night, though.


Yet the british weather is stupidly unpredictable, and it was infuriating to see that the snow had practically cleared the next day. Bad luck, on my behalf.


Only in England can you get a day where it's unbelievably sunny, only to then be snowed in a couple of days later. It kind of makes for bad forward planning, knowing that all your plans can be ruined by a little bit of snow. Which is what happened to me.


In the end, I know that being born in february, that I am not going to have the best weather for my birthday. On the last 3 out of 4 birthdays, it's snowed, which is a tad unfortunate. Still, it doesn't half rub me up the wrong way. I'm mother natures whipping boy.


My next moan: The complex gambling world

No comments:

Post a Comment