Monday 19 March 2012

The traffic control room

Another driving related post, but this one I had to get off my chest. It might just be me, but I do reckon there's somebody sat in some sort of traffic control room, watching me drive my car. They know when i'm in a rush and they know when I have time to kill, and plan the traffic lights accordingly.

This person, knows my bladder movements, so will hit me with every red light that is feasibly possible. I'll take a diversion and this route will be stuck at a red light, whereas the other route which I spurned, will be fast flowing traffic.



If i'm driving alone, late at night, there'll be a red light that stops me. I know there's nobody around. I know that it won't hurt to run the red light. What's the worst that can happen? But still, i'll wait patiently for the light to change green. Stupid traffic lights.


Yet, it shows how much people respect traffic lights. This is why I think it would make more sense to implement a similar system to what is used in Cyprus. Instead of speed cameras, they have sensors in the road that analyse your speed and if you are going over the speed limit, then the traffic lights will change to red. It encourages more people to drive at the right speed, as it means that you will get to your destination faster. As opposed to the driving nation of Britain, who go quite significantly over the speed limit, as to get to their destination quicker.



Ultimately, i know, that it's just bad luck. It's just I can't help feel that when I need the toilet, somebody.. somewhere knows and hits me with all the red lights. 


My next moan: Scum of the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment